Types of Thai Visas

Updated on Tuesday 01st August 2017

Rate this article
based on 3 reviews

Types of Thai Visas Image
If you wish to work, travel or study in Thailand, there are certain conditions that need to be accomplished in order to receive a Thai visa. The tourist visa, the business visa (the non-immigrant B visa), the marriage visa or the education visa are the main permits necessary to enter Thailand. Our Thai lawyers are ready to help you with the requirements and the needed documentation if you are interested in visiting Thailand, no matter if it’s for business or leisure.

The Thai business visa

The Thai business visa or the non-immigrant B visa is necessary to everyone who wishes to open a business in Thailand or to obtain a work permit in the country. In order for you to receive this type of visa, you should prepare the valid passport, employment letter, bank statements that prove you have enough money to support yourself and the medical certificate that shows you are able to work. This type of visa is available for 90 days and then you have the possibility to extend it. Our Thai lawyers are able to provide you with the necessary information regarding the necessary documents.

The Thai education visa

This kind of visa is available for one year and it is also known as the non-immigrant ED visa. If you wish to study in the country, our Thailand lawyer can offer you the necessary information and guidance when preparing the documents. It is good to know that you can apply for a Thai education visa in your own country at the Thai Embassy.

The Thai tourist visa

The tourist visa for Thailand is available for 60 days and it can also be extended for other 30 days or converted into a non-immigrant visa if your case requires. In order to receive this kind of visa, you need to prepare the valid passport, the bank statements that prove you have enough money to support yourself, the visa form and the return tickets.

The Thai marriage visa

The persons who are married to a Thai citizen can obtain the marriage visa, which is the non-immigrant O visa that allows them to stay up to one year in the country. There are specific rules in order to receive this permit, like proving the legal income sources necessary for at least two months of living in the country, and a clean criminal background. As a reminder, you can legally work with a Thai marriage visa which can be extended after one year.

Retirement visa in Thailand

Retirement visa in Thailand is destined to people who want to retreat in the beautiful surroundings provided by the Thai state. The requirements for obtaining this visa type is to be aged at least 50 and to be able to prove that you have enough financial savings to afford a long stay in the country. A bank statement is accepted as proof if it shows your account status for the last six months. Another condition is a health exam which can be conducted either in your home country or in Thailand. Our Thai lawyers can give you more details on the procedure of application and can help you gather all needed documents.

Transit visa

Transit visa is useful in many situations and it does not require a complicated procedure to obtain it. It is recommended to both entrepreneurs and visitors who need to pass the Thai territory in order to visit other countries or transport goods. The validity of the visa is of three months and each entry costs 25 euros. 

Permanent resident visa

This visa is open to application for people who already spent a long time in Thailand. After three years of living in the Thai kingdom a person can apply for a permanent resident visa on the conditions that his/her earnings to be at least of 80.000 Baht per month. After 5 years of marriage, a wife or a husband of a Thai person can also apply for a permanent resident visa, if he/she earns at least 30.000 Baht per month. 

One year non-immigrant visa

This visa allows more entries in the country along one year period. The one year non-immigrant visa does not allow a continuous stay in Thailand. Every 90 days the foreigner must leave the country and he/she can return only after receiving a stamp from the immigration office.
You are invited to get in touch with our law firm in Thailand if you need additional information about the available types of Thai visas.